New 1M Coupe Planned

Everything About Current Model

New 1M Coupe Planned

Postby MadTaffy » Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:39 am

Dr Nitschke has suggested that a new 1 M Coupe is a strong possibility for production. “We haven’t made a decision yet,” he said, “but the 1 M Coupe was so successful that, in my opinion, I am absolutely sure we will build a successor.” The new car could possibly badged M2 if, as is suspected, the next 1-Series Coupe is badged as a 2-Series.

Dr Nitschke also reaffirmed BMW M’s commitment to rear-wheel drive rather than four-wheel drive, stating categorically that “we will not bring in all-wheel drive, only a rear-wheel drive,” before going on to drop heavy hints that the 4 Series M car will indeed be badged M4.

“If there would be a 4 Series, and we were to produce an M car on that basis, then it would be called an M4,” he said. But that’s not all – later in the interview, discussing the way the M division learns from BMW’s motorsport teams, Dr Nitschke added that “We look for every feature we bring in our cars to use in the Motorsport version; we look at what we can bring to our latest M3 and M4 cars.”

Check out Piston Heads M4 Spyshot :D

[Source: BMWBlog]
"M Abteilung Über Alles", Translates "M Division above all."
MadTaffy
Site Owner

Re: New 1M Coupe Planned

Postby piscean57 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:58 pm

Looked like the M4 to me :)
M3? - you know it makes sense
piscean57

Return to E81 Coupe