May is a busy month for me.

Check Out The Latest On Trackdays & Trips Around The Country & Abroad

May is a busy month for me.

Postby Rich_S » Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:17 am

Booked up for BMWCC Welsh Weekender on the 4/5/6 of the month.
Great driving roads, good company and 4* accommodation.
For details see "straight six" or contact the club office.

Later in the month, 20th to be exact, I've booked another day at Bedford with trackdays.co.uk on the GT circuit.. Arguably the best and biggest layout they offer.

Be good to see fellow users at either or both events.
Rich_S

Re: May is a busy month for me.

Postby MadTaffy » Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:00 am

Sounds like fun, the Welsh roads will be an real eye opener if you not been before and they take you to the right roads, majority of it is like the Nurburgring if you know where to look :D

Its also good to just explore the welsh water country, although one time I went we ended up in a deserted village, stopped to have a look thinking wf is this place and a bunch of military guys turned up saying it a live range we best move the fcuk along...... NOW!!! :D

I'll keep en eye out nearer the time as i'm guessing it will be brecon / black mountains / evo triangle all the usually good places to go, and i'm like 45mins down the road so might join in one day, all be it the weather os good, mid/north wales mountain B roads in sh1t weather is no place for me :D

Another track day glad to hear it, you now offically have the bug :D
"M Abteilung Über Alles", Translates "M Division above all."
MadTaffy
Site Owner

Postby piscean57 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:13 pm

Sounds like you will be having a great time that month...hope you post lots of piccies!
M3? - you know it makes sense
piscean57

Postby Rich_S » Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:58 pm

We (e36coupe.com) had a weekend in Wales a couple of years ago which was great fun. Also done the Triangle a few times, which again is brill. I'm just looking forward to more of the same with nice weather (hopefully dry atleast), nice people and a quality hotel albeit in a nicer car.
The wife is also coming with me, as she is on the trackday.. bad idea? I'll let you know.

I wouldn't say I've caught the track bug as such but I do enjoy doing what these cars are made for!
It will be my 4th visit to Bedford.. I haven't got the balls for a proper tracks such as Donnington or similar, I've been round a few as a passenger but I see them as being a bit harsh on the car, high kerbs, gradients and lots of armco to hit.. Bedford feels so safe in comparison.
Rich_S

Postby Rich_S » Sat May 25, 2013 2:38 pm

Well Wales was fantastic.. Great roads, great cars and great people.

More post worthy metal..

Some pictures found on the web of the seafront display Sunday afternoon.

Wife as predicted was ill, travel sick, so stayed at the hotel Monday while I went out driving..
Rude not to snap some pictures while at it.

Already looking forward to next year.

Also did the track day.. Sublime!
Car was faultless and came home unscathed. The wife coped well doing around an hour with me on track throughout the day..

IMO a great pic taken by the resi photographer.

Despite the picture making it look otherwise.. I'm not punishing the car. No late braking, no heavy use of the gears or throttle in fact the DSC stays in Mtrack mode and I go no lower than 3rd gear.
It's a cherished car, I don't want to break it!

Finally and to round off a great month I have a day at Silverstone this Tuesday. Not 100% on the way the day will pan out but it involves single seaters.
Rich_S

Postby piscean57 » Sat May 25, 2013 8:36 pm

Wow that looks almost Mediterranean!

Are you on OEM suspension? It would account for that roll if you weren't caning it.
piscean57

Postby Rich_S » Tue May 28, 2013 6:20 pm

This country has lots to offer, if it wasn't for the weather!!
Proof.. my day out at Silverstone was cancelled today due to flooding on the circuits!!

The roll does look worse due to the angle of the camera but yes it's the OE suspension..
It's all being replaced before the year's end as it's original and the car has done 83k now.
Rich_S

Postby piscean57 » Tue May 28, 2013 7:54 pm

I would expect that, at the least, the bushes need replacing as it seems to me that they have a life between 30-45k miles.

Will you be replacing with OEM or something else?
piscean57

Return to Trackdays & Trips