Intravee update

All Q's & A's, Faq's, Mods on Mp3's, Mp4's, Bluetooth, Trackers, Cam Detectors & Gadgets in General

Moderator: ccfj1

Intravee update

Postby M3Russ » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:43 pm

Has anyone updated their intravee firmware to V6.02 themselves using a their laptop and serial lead?

If so is it worth doing and which software did you use to upload it? If so any chance you can do a idiots step by step? :?
........MY BACKEND IS WARRICK TESTED!.........
M3Russ
Site Owner

Re: Intravee update

Postby MadTaffy » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:09 pm

:idea1: John :help: ....... :confused1:

Is Intravee no longer offering any support Russ..? I know it was all up in the air a while back but must be something happening due to the update, or is it an old 1
"M Abteilung Über Alles", Translates "M Division above all."
MadTaffy
Site Owner

Postby M3Russ » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:48 pm

I not sure to be honest mate, I had the new update emailed to me before the tradgic news with links to how to upload the firmware etc but when I click on them tonight it went to a broken page?

And I would just like to talk to someone who actually speaks English and not in binary or computerish to explain it simply? :lol:
M3Russ
Site Owner

Postby Ian964 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:11 pm

Contact John mate, what he doesn't know you don't need to know. He helped me update mine a while back using the laptop and serial lead. It was easy with him helping step by step.
Ian964

Postby ccfj1 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:15 pm

Yes Russ, I have and its a doddle, always best to have the latest version as it has all the rolled in bug fixes and new extras etc.

I have the latest version of firmware and downloader, so if you need a hand let me know, or if you really get stuck send it to me and I'll do it and then send it back all done.

Jeff, the Intravee is still being fully supported by RichardP and its still available to buy new.

There are no plans for the product being dumped, indeed things are looking good as Simon (the IV founder) nephew, is keen to keep things going and also looking at carrying on with new projects.
53, M3, Silver Grey. Reto-fits: Modded Mk4 DVD, OEM Bluetooth, VR Control, Rainbow/Alpine Speakers, Sony SOT Amp, HK Sub, CCFL, Intravee II, NightMode, Audio Alerts, Rear Blind.
ccfj1

Postby piscean57 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:50 pm

John, I may come down and see you one Sunday so we can catch up and take the opportunity to update my IV.

Presumably the latest version still only has the ability to display 512 artists? I can't remember which version I have running but, tell me, has the search function been improved as I find that really annoying on three counts ;

1. When scrolling through the artist list, it can't go to a particular letter in the alphabet to speed it up.
2. After turning ignition off the next time you start up you go to the same track as playing before, which is fine, but it's then not possible to see the track list to the album / list playing - you can still go through the tracks using up and down buttons. Using the "Back" command just takes you out to the artist list and once you select the artist (even if its the one playing) the current track stops and the first track in that artist part starts whilst showing the whole album list they have.
3. Similarly, and without having turned off the ignition, it seems you cant go look at other albums by the artist playing because selecting "Back" takes you to the artist list.
M3? - you know it makes sense
piscean57

Postby Lucky Bob » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:00 pm

Ian

you told me you only listen to BBC radio 2 and then only Desmond Carrington.
Lucky Bob

Postby ccfj1 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:03 pm

piscean57 wrote:John, I may come down and see you one Sunday so we can catch up and take the opportunity to update my IV.

Sure, but not on a Sunday mate, that's my family day, Sat is a better day.

Presumably the latest version still only has the ability to display 512 artists?

Yes, but the 512 is a limit of of the KCA-420i not the Intravee.

I can't remember which version I have running but, tell me, has the search function been improved as I find that really annoying on three counts ;

You do have a v6, but not sure which version, there will be a lot of new features since we did yours last mate.
1. When scrolling through the artist list, it can't go to a particular letter in the alphabet to speed it up.

No, but you get the list in alphabetical order (numbers first), the problem is that the list refresh is a feature that has been added but the KCA implementation is poor, the IV trys to compensate but it does have limitations (the OEM Alpine units dont even offer it mate).

2. After turning ignition off the next time you start up you go to the same track as playing before, which is fine, but it's then not possible to see the track list to the album / list playing - you can still go through the tracks using up and down buttons. Using the "Back" command just takes you out to the artist list and once you select the artist (even if its the one playing) the current track stops and the first track in that artist part starts whilst showing the whole album list they have.

I've not seen this, but I dont do what you are doing, hmmmm, not sure mate.

3. Similarly, and without having turned off the ignition, it seems you cant go look at other albums by the artist playing because selecting "Back" takes you to the artist list.

Without seeing it I don't know mate, it might be worth having a word with Richard, lol.
53, M3, Silver Grey. Reto-fits: Modded Mk4 DVD, OEM Bluetooth, VR Control, Rainbow/Alpine Speakers, Sony SOT Amp, HK Sub, CCFL, Intravee II, NightMode, Audio Alerts, Rear Blind.
ccfj1

Postby piscean57 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:03 pm

More often it's OFFM (Old Fogey FM) Bob :lol:

John, Saturday's I take my parents out as the old man can't drive now so a nice drive down to Brighton will suit them!
M3? - you know it makes sense
piscean57

Postby ccfj1 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:24 pm

lol, no problem mate.
ccfj1

Postby M3Russ » Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:01 pm

Hi John, can you send me a link to which downloader to use please.

I've got V6.02 to upload which I'm guessing is the latest?
M3Russ
Site Owner

Postby ccfj1 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:09 pm

PM me you email and and I'll include the latest and the downloader
ccfj1

Postby ccfj1 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:31 pm

So, download the files and unzip

take you laptop to the car and then plug in your serial to usb, or serial lead,

Plug lead into IV

Fire up the downloader and make sure that the com port is the com port that the lead is plugged into (say com1 etc)

turn on car ignition (stage 1)

Press return on the downloader and you should see text.

from the tab into at the top, select file, then open firmware, then select the .blf file

then file, program firmware and let it run.

It should say things like 980 pages loaded....

after about 3-4 minuts you should get the IV reboot messages and thats it,

Jump in the car and hit the mode button to select the IV and check it all good, then thats it

Wait for about 30sec- to a 1m for the firmware to settle and stabalise and then turn off the ignition, unplug the laptop and thats it.
ccfj1

Postby M3Russ » Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:52 pm

Cheers John :thumbsup:
M3Russ
Site Owner

Return to Ipods, Mp3, Bluetooth, Software & Gadgets