Interior refresh

Everything E46 Related

Interior refresh

Postby piscean57 » Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:59 pm

My car has Titan Shadow interior trim. As most will know, the door handles react over time and the finish starts to crack / crackle and quickly start to let down the interior. How do you solve it? Well either find ones yet to be affected and risk that they aren't actually scratched and not as described, have your pants down at the stealer, or get yours re-painted. I took the last option and had mine re-painted by Liam (Lovatt as he goes by on forums) on his exchange service for your own trim.

Here are the handles fresh back from re-painting ^^^

The drivers one was pretty bad, but it is 14 years old now, and the replacement embarresses the old one ^^^

The passengers one was scratched rather than crackled, but vastly improved with the replacement and its subtle modification. ^^^.

The cost was under £100.00 and has really lifted the interior. Liam is a pleasure to do business with - fast, efficient and great quality. I know that to a lot of people, a grey interior is dull and boring, but I have always thought it had a touch of elegance - and who can argue based on the above ;-)
M3? - you know it makes sense
piscean57

Re: Interior refresh

Postby MadTaffy » Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:29 pm

Makes a big difference Ian, freshens up the interior nicely,

I have the same colour but its not needing a repaint yet... but will definitely shout you for this guys details as and when it does ;)

What does need doing is my seats badly, some restoration of the leather, starting to crack on the drivers seat, tried off the shelf products which have helped but needs a leather dye i think and someone who knows their stuff
"M Abteilung Über Alles", Translates "M Division above all."
MadTaffy
Site Owner

Postby piscean57 » Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:52 am

No worries Jeff. I know you don't use yours much but at it's mileage it is doing really well if the finish on the door handle isn't crackling. Do you like the modification on the passenger one? - makes a big difference I think.

My seats needs some attention, but I haven't tried any retoration products on them. I tried a cleaner hich removed a surprising amount of dirt and got a less shiny finish for a while.
piscean57

Postby MadTaffy » Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:59 pm

How did you manage to delete that ? looks good mate, off a different model possibly ?

As you say I don't drive mine much if at all these days, but yeah it needs some tlc, seems the door handles are the only thing that doesn't lol
"M Abteilung Über Alles", Translates "M Division above all."
MadTaffy
Site Owner

Postby piscean57 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:19 am

It's still got a blanking plate in, with the gap filled. Passenger door doesn't get used a lot, but probably a fine crack will show up around the plate - looks the nuts now though.
piscean57

Return to E46